Two-Way Text Fraud Alerts
Learn more by watching this helpful video.
First International Bank & Trust is making enhancements to our fraud detection tools that makes monitoring your debit card even more convenient. Starting in August 2018, we will be launching interactive fraud alerts. If our system detects suspicious activity on your card, you'll receive a text message with details about the suspected transaction. All you need to do is respond to the text message with a "YES" or "NO" to validate the transaction.
Read more about Two-Way Text Fraud Alerts in the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) found below.
- Why should I enroll in text fraud alerts?
We monitor transactions that appear on your debit card for potential fraud. When we need to identify a transaction that may be fraudulent, we may block that transaction and further use of your card until we receive confirmation from you that the requested transaction was legitimate. Text Fraud Alerts allows you to verify these transactions so that we may un-block your card more quickly.
- How do I verify the bank has the correct mobile phone number connected to my debit card?
To verify your mobile number, please call us at (800) 359-8092 or visit any of our branch locations.
- Does this also apply to my First International Bank & Trust credit card?
No. Our credit card customers will continue to receive a phone call for fraud alerts.
- How much does it cost for this service?
First International Bank & Trust does not charge for this service; however, standard text and data rates assessed by your mobile carrier may apply.
- What number is the text fraud alert coming from?
Fraud text alerts will be sent by our fraud detection center with the identification number of 207-33.
- What happens if I don’t enroll in text fraud alerts?
Don’t worry, you can sign up anytime you would like to in the future. If fraud is detected on your account, you will continue to receive phone calls from us alerting you of potential fraudulent activity.
- If I don’t enroll in text fraud alerts right away, can I enroll at a later time? If so, how do I do that?
You can enroll by calling us at (800) 359-8092 or by visiting any of our branch locations.
- Is this a secure way to receive fraud alerts? Is there any risk to enrolling?
We will never ask you to text us personal information, such as an account number or Social Security Number. We will only text transaction information that will allow you to properly identify if the transaction is legitimate or fraudulent.
- Why did I not receive a fraud text alert and my card was blocked when I made a purchase late at night?
Typically, alerts arrive within a few minutes but timing may vary based on your mobile provider and accessibility to your mobile network. If a charge occurs before 8:00 am or after 9:00 pm based on your area code, you will not receive a text until 8:00 am the following day. In some cases your card may be blocked from further transactions until we are able to contact you. You can reach us from 7:30 am CST to 8:00 pm CST by calling (800) 359-8092 for more immediate assistance.
- How can I stop text messages if I don’t want to receive them any longer?
All you need to do is respond back to the text alert with the word "STOP."
- Where can I submit a travel alert notification??
A travel alert notification can easily be submitted by logging into online banking and clicking on Quick Forms and select Travel Alert Notification or give us a call at 1-800-359-8092 from 7:30 am to 8:00 pm CST.
- How am I protected if a fraud alert is generated overnight (after hours)?
An email notification will be sent advising of the fraud alert and the transactions that need to be verified along with a phone number to call to get the case closed.
- What happens if a response isn’t provided to the fraud alert text message?
From 8:00 am to 9:00 pm, a follow-up phone call will be attempted to reach you after a text goes unanswered for 15 minutes. After hours, an email notification will be sent to you providing the transaction details to be verified and where to call to verify the transactions.
- What happens if I verify a transaction is NOT fraud and my debit card is restricted?
The card will automatically be unrestricted and you will receive a verification text indicating the block has been removed.
- I received an email about fraud notifications. How do I know this is valid?
Emails notifications are a feature of this service and will be sent directly by email@example.com.